Oh Canada. Oh Father’s Day!
Christmas might be the most wonderful time of the year, but Father’s Day is the perfect time to celebrate some of the world’s greatest heroes- called dads.
Here are 12 fascinating quotes to get you thinking about dad on this Father’s Day:
1. Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.” —Reed Markham
2. “I talk and talk and talk, and I haven’t taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week.” —Mario Cuomo
3. Fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man.”— Frank Pittman
4. A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you’re going mad— John Andrew Holmes
5. Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they’re always watching you..—Robert Fulghum
6 “I just taught my kids about taxes by eating 38% of their ice cream.” -Conan O’Brien
7 “Sometimes I am amazed that my wife and I created two human beings from scratch yet struggle to assemble the most basic of IKEA cabinets.” -Greg Kinnear
8. It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. Charles Kettering
9. “When your kids are toddlers, they’ll embarrass you constantly in the grocery store, at the doctor’s office, at the park, everywhere. When they’re teenagers, it’s Dad’s turn to pay them back.”
10. “I know when my kids need money because that’s when they laugh at my jokes.”
11. Having one child makes you a parent. Having two kids makes you a referee. -David Frost
12. Every father should remember one day his son will follow his example, not his advice- Charles K
Happy Father’s Day.